SPDF YOUTH AND STUDENT SECTOR
Preamble of the Organization
Establishment of the Organization Article 1
Title and Commencement Article 2
Interpretation Article 3
Principles, Goals and Plans
General Principles Article 4
General Goals Article 5
Plans and programs Article 6
The Sector Structure
Organizational level Article 7
Organs Article 8
The Sector Offices
Composition and Function Article 9
The Executive Bureau Composition Article 9(1)
The Executive Bureau Functions Article 9(2)
The General Secretariat Composition Article 9(3)
The General Secretariat Functions Article 9(4-5)
The Liberation Council Composition Article 9 (6)
The Liberation Council Functions Article 9(7-8)
The Convention Composition Article 9(9)
The Convention Functions Article 9(10-11)
Finance Article 10
Tenure and Sessions of Organs Article 11
Periodic Reports Article 12
Resolution of Disputes Article 13
Amendments Article 14
Preamble of the Organization
We, the Youth and Students, members of the Sudan People’s Democratic Front (SPDF);
Mindful of the fact that youth and students constitute half of the present society and the whole of the future;
Determined to labour and sacrifice for the cause of the country such that security and serenity preponderate and fellow countrymen enjoy stability, development and prosperity;
Respectful and grateful to strugglers, their interaction with political groups and distinguished personalities, and their integration together within the bound of the Sudan People’s Democratic Front as a collective Movement to them and unifying vessel for their efforts, in ensuring the props of peace and stability in the country;
Firmly decided to unify the rank and files of the youth and students as well, to exert their energies and efforts for the cause of freedom, democracy, justice and peace, and to uphold this document as our guiding constitution and daring shield on the way of our integrity and dignity. This document shall remain a banner to be inherited by generations to come.
Establishment of the Organization
There shall be established, according to SPDF constitution article 37, a sector to be known as “the Youth and Student Sector of the Sudan People’s Democratic Front”.
Title and Commencement
This Constitution shall be cited as "the Constitution of the Youth and Student Sector of the Sudan People’s Democratic Front, 2000 AD.” It shall commence as from the date it is passed by the founding National Convention of the Youth and Student Sector.
Unless the context otherwise requires:
“Movement” means the Sudan People’s Democratic Front (SPDF);
“Youth and Student Sector” means the Youth and Student organization in the SPDF;
“Convention” means the general meeting of members of the SPDF Youth and Student sector.
“Liberation Council” means the elected council (LC) by the Convention on the levels of a village/ward, a parish, a province, or a state or the nation of the Youth and Student sector.
“Executive Bureau” means the elected committee by the LC for the leadership of the political and executive work of the sector on the levels of a village/ward, a parish, a province, a state or the nation respectively.
“Member” means a woman enrolled in the membership of the SPDF Youth and Student Sector.
“Sector President” means the member elected to lead the Youth and Student sector as President on the levels of the nation, a state, a province, a parish or a village/ward respectively.
“Sector Vice President” means the member deputizing for the Sector President.
“Chairperson” means the person elected to chair the SPDF Youth and Student Liberation Council.
“Deputy Chairperson” means the member deputizing for the Chairperson.
“Secretary General” means the person elected to lead the Secretariat General of the SPDF Youth and Student Sector on the national level.
“Rapporteur General” means the member elected to lead the Secretariat of the Liberation Council on any of the organizational level.
“First Secretary” means the member who carries out the functions of the Secretary General on levels other than at the national level.
“Head of Department” means whoever is selected to head one of the specialized department in Liberation Council.
“Secretary” means the member elected as secretary in an Executive Bureau at respective levels.
“Department Rapporteur” means the member appointed as rapporteur of a department in Liberation Council at respective levels.
Principles, Goals and Plans
The Youth and Student Sector shall stand for the following principles:-
(1) Sacrifice for the homeland with wealth and soul;
(2) Love work, production and development;
(3) Uphold science and knowledge to prepare for future;
(4) Uphold commendable moral conduct;
(5) Uphold diligence, excellence and distinction;
(6) Respect family relations, traditions and customs which affirm originality and high values; and
(7) Respect comradeship, friendly and social co-existence.
The Youth and Student Sector shall endeavor to attain the following goals: -
(1) Encouragement of youth for work, production, development and renunciation of laziness and deprivation;
(2) Encouragement of youth, students and others for patience, perseverance, self-reliance and renunciation of parasitization and selfishness;
(3) Encouragement of students for studies, success and distinction;
(4) Encouragement of youth in general for sports, arts, innovation and excellence;
(5) Combat destructive conduct which limits ability of students for attainment of knowledge and diligence;
(6) Establishment of relations of friendship, cooperation and collaboration among youth and students locally, nationally and internationally; and
(7) Dissemination of culture and knowledge among countrymen and all other communities, and combat ignorance, helplessness and poverty.
Plans and Programs
Every organizational level of the sector shall lay its periodic work, plans and programs in accordance with its situation to translate into reality the principles and objectives provided for here above, particularly in the areas of agriculture, health, education, income generating activities and peace advocacy.
The Sector Structure
The Youth and Student Sector shall be organized on five levels as follows: -
(1) On every level stipulated above, there shall be three organs respectively as follows:-
i) The Executive Bureau;
ii) The Liberation Council; and
iii) The Convention.
(2) Every organ said above shall be constituted through a free and direct election.
Offices of the Sector
The Executive Bureau
(1) The Executive Bureau shall be composed of the following office bearers;
ii) Vice President
iii) Secretary General
iv) Secretary for Peace, Culture and Information
v) Secretary for Finance
vi) Secretary for Student Affairs.
vii) Secretary for Labour and Manpower (National and State only)
viii) Secretary for Legal and Parliamentary Affairs (only at National and State levels)
ix) Secretary for Foreign Relations (National level only)
x) Members without portfolios
xi) Ex-officio members
xii) An Alternate Secretary shall deputize every Secretary and an Assistant Secretary shall in turn deputize the latter.
Functions of the Executive Bureau
(2) Functions of the Executive Bureau shall be;
(i) To implement policies initiated and passed by the respective Liberation Council and Convention.
(ii) Carry out the functions of the Executive Bureau stipulated in article 32 of the SPDF constitution.
(iii) Coordinate the work with the Movement Executive Bureau and other sectors in the Movement.
Composition of the General Secretariat
(3) The General Secretariat of the Executive Bureau shall be composed of the Secretary General/First Secretary and all the Secretaries.
Functions of the General Secretariat
(4) The General Secretariat shall carry out the functions stipulated in article 35 of the SPDF constitution.
(5) Description of the function of every secretariat shall be as follows:
i) Secretariat of Peace, Culture and Information in accordance with article 6(5) and (10) of the internal regulation of the Movement.
ii) Secretariat of Youth and Student Affairs in accordance with article 6(7) of the internal regulation of the Movement.
iii) Secretariat of Legal and Parliamentary Affairs in accordance with article 6(11) and (17) of the internal regulation of the Movement.
iv) Secretariat of Foreign Relations in accordance with article 6(13) of the internal regulation of the Movement.
The Composition of the Liberation Council
(6) The Council shall be composed of the following office bearers:
ii) Deputy Chairperson
iii) Rapporteur General
iv) Head of the Department of Resource Utilization and Finance.
v) Head of the Department of Peace, Information and Culture.
vi) Head of the Department of Students and manpower.
vii) Head of the Department of Legal Affairs, Human Rights and Parliamentary Affairs (State and National levels).
viii) Head of the Services and Humanitarian Affairs (National level only).
ix) Head of the Department of Foreign Relations (only at National level).
Functions of the Liberation Council
(7) The Council shall exercise the powers stipulated in Article 15 of the SPDF Constitution.
(8) Every specialized department in the Council shall exercise its functions as follows as stipulated in the SPDF Constitution.
Composition of the Convention
(9) The Sector Convention is composed of the members of the sector in the village/ward or a parish, or the delegates elected from the parish conventions to province sector convention, or from the province conventions to a State, or from the State Conventions to the National Convention of the Youth and Student Sector.
Functions of the Convention
(10) The functions and jurisdictions of the Youth and Student sector convention shall be the same functions and jurisdictions stipulated in article 11 of the SPDF Constitution.
(11) It shall elect the members of the Council and the Executive Bureau as well as the Sector President.
(1) Every organizational level of the sector shall lay its own budget and the Executive Bureau shall initiate and present the same to the Council for endorsement.
(2) The sector shall have a bank account or more.
(3) Accounts of every level of the sector shall be audited once before the end of a year. The Executive Bureau shall take appropriate measures thereon.
(4) The Executive Bureau shall render regular reports on the financial position of the sector as situation may require.
Tenure and Sessions of Organs
(1) Tenure of the offices and sessions of the organs in the Youth and Student Sector shall be in accordance with Article 36 of the SPDF Constitution.
(2) Ordinary sessions of the Youth and Student Sector shall convene in accordance with article 12 of the SPDF constitution.
(3) The ordinary sessions of the Liberation Council shall be in accordance with Article 16 thereof.
(4) The ordinary meetings of the Executive Bureau shall be in accordance with article 33 thereof.
(5) Extra-ordinary sessions of the Youth and Student Sector shall convene in accordance in accordance with article 13 thereof.
(6) The Council shall convene its extra-ordinary meetings in accordance with article 17 thereof.
(7) The extra-ordinary meetings of the Executive Bureau shall be held in accordance with article 33(5) thereof.
(8) The quorum for the meetings and conventions of the sector shall be attained in accordance with article 57 thereof.
(9) Meetings and conventions of the sector shall be conducted in accordance with provisions of the SPDF internal regulation.
(1) The Executive Bureau shall render periodic reports to the Council at least every three months on work progress and the implementation of the programs and policies passed by the Council or the sector Convention.
(2) The Sector President may as well render her report to the Council or the Sector Convention as the case may be.
Resolution of Organizational Disputes
The organs of the higher echelons shall resolve disputes between the organs and echelons of the Youth and Student Sector and their verdict shall be final.
(1) Any member of the National Liberation Council shall propose amendments of this Constitution.
(2) Such an amendment shall be discussed at the earliest meeting of the National Liberation Council.
(3) Any amendment to the constitution shall be passed by a majority vote of the National Liberation Council and be effected immediately.